Saturday 7 May 2011

New Toys

Meet Poppy, my new love.

We picked her up a few weekends ago – she’s old but in good condition. I have to admit to being a fair weather cyclist, and I’m not about to start commuting by bike from South to North London and back every day, so I didn’t want to spend a fortune on a flashy bike which would sit in a shed for half the year.
The most important thing, of course, is that we bought her a wicker basket.

It detaches and has a handle so I can do my shopping. This makes me very happy and I took Poppy for a completely unnecessary shopping excursion on the afternoon we bought her home. I found myself with yoghurt and mozzarella in my basket, so I justified the trip by making pizza and frozen yoghurt that evening.

I had a conversation with my colleague upon telling her I had a new bike which made me laugh:
Colleague: Fantastic, what's the name?
Me: Poppy
Colleague: I take it that's the model, which make is that?
Me: ummm, no, her name is Poppy
Colleague: Oh, I see....[silence]

Doesn't everyone name their bikes?
I’m day dreaming of cycling along the river this summer with a picnic in my basket and a picnic blanket on the back rack.
I just need a bell now to get pedestrians to move off the cycle path when I’m cycling through the park at world record breaking speeds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment