Wednesday 16 February 2011

Which Day-time TV programmes do students watch nowadays?

Somehow I managed to get the house in some sort of order, turn out 3 courses and find time to brush my hair on Monday afternoon, so we had a lovely valentines meal, even though I burnt the parmesan crisps. City Boy came home with a potted orchid, a big red rose and a bottle of pink champagne, so he's got a few brownie points in the bank.

I've decided that I'm going to look for a new sewing machine. Mine is pretty basic, and it's served me for a good few years, albeit on it's own temperamental terms, but I've been thinking for a while that it's nearing retirement. I'm feeling a little guilty about replacing it now though, because i think it may be sentient. After using the f-word 4 times before 8 o'clock this morning I told City Boy that i would be asking very nicely for a new one for my upcoming birthday. The sewing machine suddenly started working perfectly.

I'm loving quilts with white backgrounds at the moment. Both of the current works in progress have lots of white, which I'm now thinking was maybe a bad idea. This one was intended to be a present, but I'm going to have to see how well the cat paw prints wash out.
Sergeant Stripe thinks my points aren't pointy enough

I just sewed some sashing onto the wrong side, which I can't blame on the sewing machine, so we're having some time apart.

One of the downsides (upsides?) of working at home is that I generally between the hours of 7.30am and 8pm I don't speak to or see anyone except the cats. This directly corresponds to the other downside, at least for the people I live with: there's not a lot of need to brush my hair or put on any makeup. Or even to get out of my pyjamas to be honest.

Today I'm quite excited because I will have some human interaction. The dishwasher repair man is (hopefully) going to be here shortly, and I have an ocado delivery coming this afternoon. These are the high points of my day. In honour of these visitors I just did something I haven't succumbed to since I was a lazy student. To save valuable time otherwise spent washing hair I instead washed just my fringe in the bathroom sink. I think I may just have to accept the fact that I'm reliving my student days and start drinking at lunchtime.


No comments:

Post a Comment