Monday 14 March 2011

Weekend De-brief

  • It happened without me realising. I woke early on Saturday and starting pottering around in the kitchen, loading the dishwasher and wiping down the hob. Then I found myself scrubbing the oven. City Boy surfaced at about 9.30 to find me with the sofa pulled out, everything off the shelves and a manic gleam in my eye. It makes me think that there's something inbuilt that triggers the yearly spring clean.

  • I refused to leave the house for the rest of the weekend, except to venture to the garden centre to choose some plants. I have an incredibly busy week looming, so I wanted to take the opportunity to relax.

  • We planted jasmine, rosemary and a couple of shrubs. I'm also attempting to grow some seeds; we'll see how that works out.

  • I knitted an enormous warm cosy cowl, just in time for the lovely spring weather. I'm wearing it today regardless. I'm stubborn. I did want to add a picture here, but I don't have one yet, so have a cat picture instead:





  • I baked about eight hundred chocolate chip cookies. We've been eating them all weekend and I sent City Boy to work with a batch this morning.

  • We made this Mushroom Barley Risotto for supper last night - it was delicious and so simple to make. Even City Boy, not normally a risotto fan, approved.

  • We're down to one working laptop between us at the moment, and that is City Boy's work one. Needless to say, getting to use it involves protracted negotiations and quite often bribery (hence the cookies). So updates here will be sporadic for a little while.

Helping me with my reading

No comments:

Post a Comment