Tuesday 22 March 2011

Weekend De-Brief

·    Friday night I went out for dinner, drinks and dancing with my best girlfriends. Always lots of fun to see them, but had maybe several  one too many glasses of wine. Arrived home about 2am and met City boy, who’d been out himself, on the sofa to watch the end of Comic Relief. At some point during proceedings I called him a very rude name (I think deservedly but he feels not) and flounced off to bed. City Boy took great delight in teasing me about this in the morning.


 
·    Saturday morning I baked blueberry muffins for breakfast, and then popped out shopping to find a new dress for the evening. I didn’t find a new dress, but I did come home with a skirt for spring in a pretty pattern.




·    In the afternoon I managed to squeeze in a bit of gardening. The shrubs currently all look like sticks, so I very carefully labelled them to keep track of what I had planted where.




3 labels have already been chewed off.

·    Saturday night City Boy and I trekked over to Old Street for a friend’s birthday. It was lots of fun, but I’m definitely getting a little too old to be out drinking and dancing two nights in a row without terrible consequences.

·    Sunday afternoon we went for a pub lunch with our neighbours. A bottle of prosecco was ordered, and then it was suddenly 5pm and we were still in the pub. The cumulative effects of all the alcohol consumed this weekend may or may not be the reason why I was tucked up in bed by 9.30pm last night.

·    We watched a film in front of the fire and cooked this delicious sweetcorn chowder with spiced butter for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment